Home > IAA Licencing
IAA Licensing

Following the foot steps of Australia, UK and Canada, the New Zealand government recently introduced the regulation law for immigration advice. The law is in place to promote and protect the interests of immigrants receiving immigration advice. The Immigration Advisers Authority is independent of Immigration New Zealand (INZ). The authority looks after the licensing process, implement standards and codes of conduct and impose sanctions against those giving advice without a license. It also holds an independent Complaints and Disciplinary Tribunal, which is responsible for handling complaints. Anyone can make a complaint about a licensed immigration adviser to the authority.

Anyone based in New Zealand (onshore) and providing immigration advice must have a license (unless they are exempt). By 4 May 2010 it is mandatory for overseas immigration advisers also to have a license. This shows that from May 2010 all immigration consultants not exempt by law are prohibited from giving immigration advice. It is illegal to provide the immigration advice and leads to serious penalties under the Immigration Advisers Licensing Act 2007. Unlicensed immigration agents cannot submit visa application on your behalf to New Zealand Immigration.

While taking services of an immigration consultant, it is important to make sure that you are using a recognised licensed consultant to protect you from any unforeseen circumstances. We at KR immigration are proud to have licensed immigration adviser, who fully abide by the code of conduct of Immigration Advisers Licensing Act 2007.

Kiran Kumar Amaravathi is a licensed Immigration Advisor.